MITS feat. La & Kixxie Siete (Official Video)
The Bar is for raising the minimum wage.
Cool things to note about this video:
- it was shot in one take
- Prometheus Brown, Bambu and DJ Nphared had just gotten back from a 24-hour trip to Manila
- Prometheus Brown was in the middle of preparing the kitchen for the pop-up restaurant (which is why he dashes off right after his verse)
- The woman in the beginning of the video is not Nphared’s Auntie
- The man with sticks uses MapQuest
- LA shot this on his actual lunch break
- Kixxie flew up to Seattle and mixed Flaming Hot Cheetos with Bangus Sisig
- DJ Nphared spent a portion of our video budget on walkie talkie’s to add authenticity to his role as a valet driver
- Bambu found a beer by the garbage and drank it
- DJ Nphared and Bambu did not coordinate the missed high-five
- Bambu got into a car accident a few hours before the shoot
- Prometheus Brown and his wife, Chera, do their “Food & Sh*t" pop-up restaurants regularly throughout Seattle and are looking to take it on the road soon
- DJ Nphared saw the movie Gravity twice
- Grynch did not know we were filming a video
- Our homeboy Nam made sure nobody walked through the ‘set.’
- Chel, who opens the door and calls us in at the end, is a family friend who loves this little girl: http://laylashlhfight.org/ - and so do we!
- Kizamu, The Bar’s manager, wore three different Seahawks tops throughout the day
- The Bar listened to Chip Fu the entire day
The In4mation X The Bar shirt is coming soon! Stay tuned tohttp://in4mants.com for release date!
Shot by Jerome Buenaventura during The Bar’s hosting of Food & Sh*t’s Pulutan Pop-Up Restaurant at Inay’s in Seattle.
Do you realize how complex this rhyme scheme was? It makes me want to cry.
Rolling brown skin i be/
Standing 5’10 i be/
Rocking it when i be/
in yo vicinity/
Raw style synergy/
Courts? try to injure me/
Broke em down chemically/
Ain’t the number 10 mc/
Talking bout how bent i be/
Started like Kennedy/
Late like a ten to three/
When i say when i be/
Girls say “Ven aqui”/
Cuz listing to my beat/
Girls like my style see/
Way out like Tennessee/By far my fav post on tumblr.
MIGHTY MOS DEF!